In general thematic order, rather than strict chronological order:
1. Like dolls in general.
2. Learn about BJDs.
3. Research BJDs obsessively.
4. Select BJD.
5. Save up for BJD.
6. Purchase BJD.
7. Wait with impatience for BJD.
8. Debox in ecstasy.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 8 ad infinitum.
10. Wire limbs.
11. Paint own faceups.
12. Perform minor subtractive mods with X-acto.
13. Make hybrid.
14. Design clothing and wigs; commission others to make.
15. Design and perform additive mods with Aves Apoxie Sculpt.
16. Digitally sculpt own BJD head; use established doll company for some internal modeling and casting services.
What does the future hold?
Digitally sculpt own BJD body; use established doll company for casting services.
Manually sculpt own BJD head; use established doll company etc.
Manually sculpt own BJD body; use established doll company etc.
An alarming percentage of BJD enthusiasts end up making either their own original BJD heads, bodies or whole dolls. With Jareth 2.0, I guess I can definitively say that I, too, now belong to the alarming percentage.
Yes [sigh], I have become a dollmaker.