Janvier Jett has never really cohered as a character for me in that way that, for example, Sardonix, Timonium and Yamarrah have. I’m now wondering what, if anything, to do with her.
Here are some options:
- Keep her as is and invent a personality for her. The problem is that my dolls don’t retroactively grow personalities. I always create a character first and then find a resin form for them.
- Sell whole doll. But I spent so long putting together that outfit that is like the pinnacle of the meretricious style that I love. I think I like the outfit more than the doll.
- Repaint. But, no matter what I do, that headsculpt is always going to be Janvier Jett to me.
- Reconceptualize — new outfit, new eyes, new hair, new character. Probably not possible, given my fixed association between the doll and the character.
Of course, I could always:
- Get rid of her and acquire another doll.
There’s this IOS Infernale head [no longer in stock on the site] on the marketplace, and I’m thinking that perhaps the population of BJDs who bug me could use another open-mouthed vampire who’s really, really into fetish gear and who lacks social skills…even more than Timonium does! Hmmm…