Skip to content

Update on creative endeavors #2: Isabel’s shitty shirt

Update on creative endeavors #2: Isabel’s shitty shirt published on No Comments on Update on creative endeavors #2: Isabel’s shitty shirt

In the past few days, I finished off another shirt for Isabel based on Andrea’s pattern. I have concluded that all the shirts I am making from this pattern will of necessity look disappointing, not as a function of the pattern, but because the pattern is not made exactly for Isabel’s measurement. For example, the pattern features shoulders that are too high and armscyes that are too big.

I tried to fit this shirt better to Isabel by lowering the tops of the shoulders. This tactic successfully reduced the amount of loose fabric around the upper chest. However, because I did not lower the back of the neck as well, the collar remains high up, looking silly. Next time I’ll just modify the pattern, rather than hacking at a partly sewn shirt. Oh well, at least the fit around the lower torso is okay…

The pink swirlies on the body go well with the green swirlies on the sleeves — good choice, me! I also like the sleeves slightly shorter than long-sleeve — they look less bulky.
A rear view shows just how atrociously high the unadjusted collar rides. Blech. In other news, both pictures show that I also styled Isabel’s wig a little bit in the past few days, pinning the shorter side pieces back for a sleeker look.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar