A while back, I got a Crescent cast iron stove for my dolls.
It works for 1:7.33333333333333 scale, as shown below with Bill and Missy.
As the first photo shows, the stove had some rust and staining on various parts. I attacked it with steel wool for a few hours this morning, rubbing off the rust, as well as some of the paint. I did this only because the users of the stove, the Master and Missy, are meticulous people who would NEVER have rusty cooking utensils. Besides de-oxidizing the stove, I also made two burner covers out of paper board painted black and sealed with matte varnish, since the stove was missing two. I also made a stove pipe out of paper glued into a roll, painted, then sealed with matte varnish.