Above and beyond his ebullient, hard-pumping, catchy synth aesthetic, balanced with equal parts fantastical optimism and wistful melancholy aslant:
1. He plays air guitar at his own concerts.
2. He plays air drums at his own concerts.
3. He headbangs at his own concerts.
4. He jumps around in circles at his own concerts.
5. He incorporates these weird noises — "Wha hoo hah hoo haaa!" — into his lyrics, as if to indicate that the music is so kickin’ rad that it renders him wordless.
6. His style of "dancing" involves lots of fist-pumping, wrist-twirling, spinning in circles and hopping.
7. He never lets his complete lack of kinesthetic talent get in the way of his bodily transmission of the super awesomeness and hip-unscrewing abandon of his music. He doesn’t just sing and/or play the music; he becomes it.
8. He is a complete dork, and he doesn’t care.