I found some sprays of plastic ferns in the clearance section at Michael’s last week and couldn’t pass them up. Tonight I broke out the ferns, some leftover dried moss and the Aves Apoxie Sculpt to make some more ground cover.
I mixed up the Aves Apoxie Sculpt and flattened it out into a strip about 1.5cm thick. Then I pressed moss into the strip until most of the grey Apoxie Sculpt was covered. I removed the leaves from the fern stems and stuck them individually into the still sticky Apoxie Sculpt. Here are the results in my forest set.
And here’s Isabel hanging out and providing scale.
I need at least one more stand of ferns, but not tonight. These things were incredibly tedious to make, but the results pay off!