I recently completed a significant amount of work on Polly, none of which is particularly apparent.
- I removed her old faceup, thoroughly cleaned her head, sealed it, gave her a new faceup, then sealed that.
- I got her a new wig.
- I restrung her core [i.e., everything except her arms] and made a notch in her headback to hold the elastic instead of trying to keep it up in her head with swears and hot glue.
Polly is very much a jerry-rigged doll, a fact immediately visible when her wig is removed. Her head started off as an Elfdoll Doona Kathlen sleeping faceplate without a headback, so I made one very messily out of Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Also, when I was removing one of her earliest faceups, I applied Pebeo too aggressively, removing the top layer of resin in a patch on her lower left cheek. Her hair and makeup have mostly been inspired by my desire to minimize the color discrepancies between a) her faceplate and headback and b) her slightly yellowed faceplate and the whiter scars left by Pebeo. I’m pleased to report that her new wig hides pretty much all the Aves Apoxie Sculpt visible when she used other wigs. As for her facial scars, they’re much less obvious than the grey Aves Apoxie Sculpt, and I tend to shoot her from the front and the right side anyway. :p